Preferred supplier agencies announced
After an exhaustive tender process starting in November 2010, Leeds city council have confirmed Blue Recruitment as one of its preferred agency suppliers to the schools in the city. The tender process looked at all aspects of the business from its operations, business structure, service offering and ethos. Technical assessments of insurances, finances and procedures were also examined to ensure any agency that the council were to approve had been thoroughly vetted. Through detailed assessment, Leeds city council have ensured that Blue Recruitment have clear procedures that support recruitment in schools. These include:
- Procedures that guarantee that all supply staff have an up to date clear Enhanced CRB and fully vetted including checks on references and qualifications.
- Strategies for working with schools causing concern, and those facing a shortage/hard to fill/specialist subject areas.
- Strategies to respond to the changing patterns of supply needs in schools have a supply workforce that is representative of the population served by schools
- An out of hours service to schools
- A planned comprehensive Continuous Professional Development programme for all supply staff
The contract to supply teachers to schools in the city will run from 19th May 2011 to 30th May 2013.
Operations director, Jarrod Gaines said “We were extremely excited about having the opportunity to tender for inclusion on the agency framework and are delighted that Leeds city council as seen Blue Recruitment as a good example of how an agency should be run. We have operated outside of the framework for 3 years and continued to grow our business based on hard work, fairness and a highly responsive service. As a framework agency, we hope to build on an established base of clients and teachers and to support schools in all areas of recruitment”
Blue Recruitment was established in 2008 by Ian Kennedy and Jarrod Gaines. Ian and Jarrod are experienced education recruiters, having worked in the industry for over 10 years. They are passionate about the industry and their job as recruiters.
Blue Recruitment is registered with the CRB and the GTC. Blue Recruitment is also members of the REC and holders of the DCSF quality mark.